- Ensuring reduction of infant mortality and maternal mortality.
- Universal access to public health services like women’s health, child health, drinking water facilities, sanitation and hygiene, nutrition and universal immunization.
- Prevention and control of communicable and non-communicable diseases.
- Revitalizing local health traditions.
- Promotion of healthy life styles and personal hygiene.
- Ensuring social and environmental determination of health.
- Providing psychological support to the needy.